Super quick blog post today for the February The Indie Movement! I have the polish offering by 1422 Designs! This month’s theme is All You Need Is Love and the charity is The Dogfather Rescue. TIM shops opens tomorrow, Feb 12th at 6AM Eastern time. I will have all of the sale details at the end of this post. My live swatch video is up on my YouTube channel, Nicole Loves Nails.
The Indie Movement is a new monthly indie polish collaboration between a few indie nail polish brands. The mission statement says they only want to work with brands that strive for diversity and equality. They also want to celebrate what makes all of us unique! Each month has a different theme. A portion of sales will go towards a different charity each sale period.
Disclaimer: I was sent these products as PR in exchange for photographs and an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. My photos were taken indoors with daylight/LED bulbs I used the KB Shimmer Clearly On Top glossy top coat and the Glisten & Glow Matte top coat for my photos.
1422 Designs – Colors of Love
Inspiration: hydrangeas and their change of colors due to soil acidity
Description: A deep indigo/purple with pink fantasy flakes, blue fantasy flakes and bronze micro flakes
Price: $12.50 for 15ml Cap: 30 bottles
Colors of Love had a beautiful jelly formula. The flakes all spread out evenly and easily. This is a deep inky color that is really gorgeous on the nail. Since this is a jelly, so you will need to build it up. I found it wasn’t quite opaque in 2 coats so I think this will be a 3 coater unless you do very thick coats.
I did notice that that this previous coats need to be dry before going in for another. I had a few spots in my first coat pull up when I went in for my second because I didn’t give it enough time to dry. This doesn’t take long to dry or anything, I was just rushing the night I swatched this. Once I let the polish dry for a few minutes before going in for another coat, I didn’t have that issue.
website | instagram | Facebook | Facebook group
The Indie Movement shop opens February 12th at 6AM Eastern time until Feb 19th at 12PM. You can purchase everything available individually. Items are exclusive to the TIM shop. This month a portion of proceeds will be doing to The Dogfather Rescue.
There will be some special bonuses this month as follows (copy/paste from the Facebook group)
- The first 23 orders of 2+ items receive a Daveen Lacquer polish add on in their order.
- The first 25 orders over $60 will receive free shipping (US Only) with code INDIESHIP
- The first 30 orders over $100 will receive an exclusive scent of our Deep Conditioning Oil Treatment that will not be available for purchase. (You will be able to purchase the Lavender scent as that is a Feb Contribution)
- The first 50 orders will receive a raffle ticket to hold on to until our Carnival theme in July! We will raffle off loads of polishes, cuticle oils, handmade body care items, etc. Hold on to all your raffle tickets
- Goodies for all and special gift bags will be included in orders while supplies last!